Dear Friends and Family,
After a great weekend in Vandalia, we had the opportunity to acquire a new member of the team. Last month The Saints Prison Ministry purchased a 25 passenger bus for our team to use on our trips to prison!
We purchased the bus from a local American Legion and it will eventually need a new paint job but it will be great for logistics and camaraderie for the trips we take this summer.
As of right now, it is in the shop getting some repairs done to the air conditioner, but, if it is not ready for this weekend, we are confident it will be ready for our next visit in August!
This Saturday our team is heading to Robinson Correctional Center. This will be our first visit to Robinson and we are looking forward to meeting the men there and sharing the Gospel.
Here are a few specific prayer requests for our team this weekend:
- Please pray that hearts will be softened and that the Gospel goes out clearly to the men at Robinson! Keep Jesse Miller and Ben Morrow in prayer as Jesse shares his testimony and Ben shares the Gospel in the morning session. Please keep Bryson Stewart and myself in prayer as Bryson shares his testimony and I share the Gospel in the afternoon session.
- Please continue to pray for the 13 men from Vandalia that said they wanted to accept Jesus last month!
- One of our missionary athletes,Jeremy Haab, had emergency surgery this week and will be unable to make our trip to Robinson. Please keep him in prayer for a speedy recovery!
- As I mentioned above, this is our first ever visit to Robinson. Please pray that God uses us to make a great first impression of the Gospel and our ministry. Please pray that we are effective on and off the field!
- Pray for traveling mercies and logistics. We have another morning that we leave before 5 am.
- I am preparing to go on my 10th Crusade with the Saints Prison Ministry! We will be visiting the state of Wisconsin from August 16-21. I will have more details soon!
Thank you again for your support and I am looking forward to updating everyone on how the day went!